Monday, November 27, 2017

Week Sixty Three

Dear Family,

Happy Thanksgiving!

Week went awesome.

Tuesday:
I was with Elder Avila from PANAMA. Every time I'm with a Panameño I teach them A MAN A PLAN A CANAL PANAMA (thanks, Dad). He calls me tio (uncle). We had a fun day. We visited these new investigators named Pablo and Sylvia. The first thing they asked us was about the Book of Lehi. Fun lesson. Pablo is one of the best guitarists I've ever seen and has a band called ROTTEN SPIRIT. He and Sylvia rolled up to church on Sunday. It was awesome.

Wednesday:
We had a district meeting. Our district is pretty tight knit. We always do splits with each other. Pretty fun group`of guys. After the district meeting, Jaque and I rolled out to this unknown sector of our area to tract. It's called PALOMITAS. We were down there a half hour. Lots of pottery. I was dying. We went to visit our investigator named Will Smith (ah yeah) and I was on the point of passing out. I had fever so we went home at 3 and I fell on my bed and slept like 20 hours straight. But that was the end of sickness.

Thursday:
We had a Thanksgiving party with the District in our house at night. We had fried chicken and all shared what we were thankful for.

Friday:
I was with Elder Quiñonez. We found 3 random less active families just by knocking random doors. We met Omar Salamanca, this dude who knew the missionaries in the 80s and still remembers their names —Elder McAllister and Elder Ingram. One less active we found was named Edgar. He has the most massive hands I've ever seen. We talked with him for awhile and he showed up to church on Sunday.

Saturday:
Saturday morning we moved a house. Easiest move so far because there was an elevator. Had lunch with the Stake Pres. We planned this huge Christmas choir with him. We are stoked about it that. Had a zone open house at night. I was with Elder Do Carmo, a brand new elder from Brazil. We talked about Cidade de Deus (city of god) which is a dope brazilian movie. Do Carmo is a tae kwondo maniac straight up thug. We contacted like crazy in the street and got some cool people in the church.

Sunday:
Rolled up to Church and they told us we had talks haha. I talked about Article of Faith 9. Then we spent the afternoon tracting and found an awesome family. Then we visited the Caceres family who just agreed to get married. We went with the ward secretary who is a lawyer and it was so sweet.

Busy week, lots of errands. Lately I've been putting on the Spanish Pochahontas soundtrack while we sleep.

Miss and love you guys

Elder Blair