Monday, May 28, 2018

Week Eighty Nine

Hey family,

This week was good.

Super tiring.

Tuesday: We are making a binder of info about the mission for the new mission pres. Getting all the stake presidents #s and mission numbers together.

Wednesday:
I had splits with Elder Vincent. I got us a deal to go on a radio show where they interview foreigners about Bogotá. We taught charla (discussion) #1 and got 5000 new investigators. We just answered questions about the church, Bogota, the temple, and missionaries.



Thursday: Spent the whole day weighing bags of missionaries who are going home and dropping them off at the airport. I was with Elder Sanchez who used to be a ñero in Guadalajara, Mexico. We had a really good inventory. He's about to finish his mission so I dropped some life tips.

Friday: Had splits with Elder Osorio from Valledupar (Colombia). Hes a good friend on the mission. We sang Vallenato all day long. I've never had a Colombian companion but always wanted one. We had a good FHE with the Garcia family and brought them a bag full of chocoramos. (They are like Colombian Twinkies that everybody loves...but aren't even that good.)

Saturday...we went to Suba to attend the baptism of Julio.


This is Julio. My companion, Elder Dias, knocked on his window in the rain 3 months ago. Super cool dude who requested "Battle Hymn of the Republic" to be sung at the service.

Elder Dias and I have been visiting way more members of our ward. The mission is focusing on supporting recent converts who have been neglected. Sunday is way better when you are friends with the members. We have FHEs planned everyday this week haha.

There is this homeless dude from NY who has been showing up to church on Sunday lately. He asked me for some clothes and I told him I'd bring him some this week (our house has tons of missionary clothes). He gave me a Harley Davidson hat as a gift.

I feel like we have very little time to do everything we need to so I've learned tons about planning and time usage these transfers. Mastering morning routine and studies.

I really like "zeal w/o knowledge" by Hugh Nibley. It talks about how we don't have eyes on top, behind, and on the sides of our heads. Only in front. So everywhere we look is a choice. So every second of our lives is a moral measure of ourselves. That's also been a focus lately — thinking about the best things and "looking" better.

Today for Pday we went to the Tatacoita desert. We went with Elder Johnson and Elder Thompson from Suba and got a sister named Diana to drive us out.

Tatacoita is a desert made up of sand canyons. Really pretty. It would be a great place to make a western. Americana landscape. Here are some pics Elder Dias snapped on his GoPro:

with the Virgin



majesty of tatacoita

desert solitaire



I want to go hard for the last of my mission but holy crap I'm excited to come back.

Sure love you guys! See you soon.

Elder Blair