Monday, August 13, 2018

Week One Hundred

We had a good week.


Hot day in PiedeCuesta.  81 degrees, partly cloudy.

I can feel everything coming to an end. I dont want to leave Colombia; I'm so adjusted to everything now. The weird music is the best music now. The soup that made me sick cures my sickness now. I even get pissed when people spell it "Columbia" instead of "ColOmbia".

A few cool memories of the week:

Going on a hike with the ward. We hiked up to these waterfalls on Tuesday and brought Brian (the dude who looks like Jesus) and this 9 year old kid named Juan Diego, who always wants to hangout with us.

We also had a ward Karaoke night. Something I've never seen in the States haha.

I had my last interview with my mission president (I think there is one more right before we go home) but he just told me, "Well Elder, just looking at your face I know I need to say this. You need to get married AS FAST AS YOU CAN." And then he just stared at me and I would look away and look back and he was still looking. uuhhhh.

I am just trying to take everything in. There is not one street in my area that you could find in the States. All the kids playing on the street at 10pm. Crazy wild dogs running everywhere. Dudes walking around selling avocados in wheelbarrows. People yelling at the top of their lungs to sell yuca bread and fish. Things I've heard and seen every day that I won't see again in a long time.

That doesn't even compare to the people I've met here who have been my family for the past 2 years. Some of the best friends I've ever made.

It's gonna be weird leaving the safe bubble of the mission. No world news, no social media, you live in a sector with limits and that's what you know about.

My last companion, Elder Lucaila, has been awesome. He always warns me when there is dog crap in my path.

I am looking forward to the free days we get in Bogota to visit some of my fav families from the mission. Fam Castellanos.

Miss you guys so much!+


Elder Blair