Monday, January 16, 2017

Week Eighteen

Week report

We had to go to Duitama this week for Zone conf and interviews with President. We stayed with the elders in Tunja on the way. All 4 of us were knocking doors and contacting that night, in the highest hills of Tunja. We knocked on one door and met a girl named Diana. I was talking to her about Princess Diana. Anyways when we left I said ¨ciao princessa Diana¨ and now all the missionaries say ¨ciao princessa¨. There is no glory...

One of our friends in Barbosa is Marisol- a Venezuelan lady. She is a hardcore adventista and she shared her testimony with us. In the eighties, in Venezuela, at age 16, she encountered an old hippy character. He could pick the very thoughts from her mind like apples off a tree. ¨

¨Are you a Witch Doctor?¨

No, I am not...

And the hippy disappeared. Marisol returned home to find the hippy man waiting there with her blind aunt. He put honey on her eyes and the aunt was healed.

Who are you? She asked

Do you really want to know? I am Jonah.

He prophecied to her that she would have a boy at age 20, and that she must join the chruch of his father. The prophecy came true and the fathers church was the Adventista. Later in life, Marisol saw visions of the hippy man in dreams, would see him in passing...a spirit, a ghost?

------

We were eating lunch with the Ruiz family this week,

Manrique asked the son- Mateo Ruiz (maybe 15) what his plans were for 2017.

He said: go inactive in the church to see if you guys are good enough to get me back again


I was cuddling a kitten during an fhe and my eye got infected becuase it was a city cat. my eye puffed up so I made an eye patch. The crazy thing was that earlier that day, I was thinking about how I wanted an eyepatch but wasnt willing to lose an eye. Tender mercies of god


and thus it is written