Monday, February 19, 2018

Week Seventy Five

I’m just gonna send my weekly report via messaging because I have tons of photos.

First I’ll send some pics from Suba that I never sent.

Elder Richey in Jordan (pretty much Syria)


With Oscar

Saying goodbye to the Garcon family

Saying goodbye to my mission leader. I love this dude!

Saying goodbye to Libia.

Doing transfers first night.

Okay here are some photos form this week:

SPLITS WITH ELDER ZUÑIGA

He’s from Mexico City and is Elder Porras' cousin haha.
The pic above is with riot control.
There is a super liberal university right in front of mission offices.
Riots on the daily.

Surprise service:
We cleaned this dude’s truck

We also got drenched.

I also had splits with Elder Hildebrandt.

This is him.
He is from Peru.

P.S. — Here is a pic of my inventory with Elder Zuñiga.
I normally hate inventory but lately it’s been pretty cool.
I like asking missionaries about their life plans.

A pic of my inventory with Hildebrandt.
I also had splits with Elder Navas this week.

This is Elder Navas.
He is Colombian.
Raised in Honduras.
Also lived in the states for awhile.

There is a huge private school right in front of our house.
Their marching band was practicing.
We watched for a bit haha.

Inca Kola is a soda from Peru.
Here are some pics of us trying it.

Elder Mooney.

My comp Elder Vieira.

Navas.

Me.

This pic is from lunch yesterday.
The dude next to me makes gold bars for a living.

P-day today with best friend Elder Vincent.



Saying goodbye to Elder Wright.
Leaving Bogota at 4am.

Parque Jaime Duque.

This tourism park honoring a pilot named Jaime Duque.

The week was awesome though.
I was talking with a dude in my ward named Jorge Trujillo (this huge rugby player) about nanoengineering. He told me about a Colombian named Rodolfo Llinás who is developing nanobubbles of water to cure Alzheimers.

Lots of really interesting people in my ward.

This week we are going to Boyaca.
Cold farmland.
There are still witches in Boyacá.
Super superstitious.

Sunday night we have a meeting with Pres. & Sis. Laney.
They are the best.
We just brainstorm ways to improve the mission.

I bought a suit today.
I felt so grownup!!!!!!!!!!
It was 80 bucks.
Is that good?
I ripped one suit and the other got worn out.

Everyone in my MTC group says I’ve gotten taller but I think I’m pretty much the same.

No one in Colombian cares about the Olympics. Just the World Cup.