Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Week Five

Week report:

First things first- blog header looks sweet. Wish I was an Adobe  illustrator wizard like Oscar.

This week was sweet.

Thanks for sending donuts oh my heavens. My district was stoked. You guys are awesome.

A lot of ccm friends left to the field. Feels empty.

My district is all anxious to get to the field.

We got our travel plans! Pretty much all my district is going to Colombia. We leave to Bogota 3 am this Monday. Packing and weighing has commenced.

The Young Womans general pres of the church -President Oscarson-  spoke to us last night.. Her husband shared a story of a family getting baptized in a river in Sweden in the coldest winter since 1805. Reminded me of Oscar´s.

I've been playing different investigators in lessons now. It´s really fun. I pretended I was obsessed with ghosts.

My district thought it was funny that in my family pictures, mom has different hair in every one. Awesome mama.

Get Oscar and Betty and June in soccer. No matter how much they hate it they will eventually love it.

Really don´t know what to expect from the field but excited to go. I feel good about my Spanish, but have a feeling once I get there, any confidence I thought I had will slip away.

One crazy thing this week was that me and Elder Tracy started a (cult?) called "obscuro". You were initiated by reading 3 Nephi 3:7. Then to see if someone was a member, you would go up, adjust their tie and say "your tie is a little off." and if they said "my bad, it was" you knew you could trust them. It had a max of 12 members but got shutdown by our teacher Wolftown. Apparently some exclusive groups developed on his mission so he warned us. It was funny.

During our Spanish Teacher´s mission (Mexico)- he and his comp taught a druglord in this huge mansion. The guy eventually told them they had to stop coming because if there was ever a raid on his home during a lesson, the missionaries would get killed in the gunfire.

A good Colombian friend I made here- Elder Urratitu - left to the field. We traded ties. Super cool guy.

High spirits, peace and love

Elder Tigre Santo

Pictures:


Pretty Morning


​Crazy critter Me and Karren found


This badboy I got at the Temple store


Elder Lopez from Mexico, Elder Tracy, and El Colombiano who left to the field.


This armored pupper showed up here a couple days ago.