Monday, March 20, 2017

Week Twenty Seven

week report

Hey guys i got the christmas card, you guys look so good.

First things first: getting SCARILY good at recorder. Thinking I might have to go pro.

This week was Santa Virgen Maria de Guadelupe. Crazy.

We met this dude Diego at the Babrosa library. Engineer learning English. Now every morning we go on hikes with him and practice English. It's dope, fresh and sweet.

He lives in front of a mountain. One morning we hiked up the mountain and then to a little farm village called "amarillo" -yellow. Then we hiked further to a village called Cite. We went inside a Catholic church and paid for a candle. It was electric- you dropped a coin in and the candle lit up. Then we hiked back to Barbosa through these tomato fields. It was emosewa.

That night me and Elder Guerra bought a watermelon and were walking home and saw two gringos sitting on the curb in front of our apartment. They motioned us over.

In broken Spanish they told us they needed a place to sleep. I heard French accent so I asked if they spoke French -oui. I told them I lived in Normandy- they were from Normandy. It was cray cray. They are two hippies making a documentary about nature villages or some burning man type stuff - one of them went to HS in Argentan. I almost pissed my pants. I called up Hermana Pardo from the Barbosa branch because they always have like 20 people at their house. She told me they could sleep there. I invited the Normands to hike with us and Diego the next morning.

The next morning we picked up the Normands then went for Diego. It was crazy we talked about Domfront, Caen, Rouen, La Mie Caline, juctice, la haine, jambon buerres, TOUT. We were hiking toward Velez and stopped at Tejo courts.

Tejo is a huge street sport in Colombia. It's like Petanques. You throw these
stones at wet clay and try to get these paper triangles to explode. IT'S SICKKKKK. We played that for awhile. It was weird speaking in French. At first it was hard because Spanish words kept coming out but then it got easy again and speaking Spanish was hard because French came out so I guess there's no glory on these dark roads.

The Normands - Baptiste and Morgan - could not understand all the missionary rules. They kept trying to get me to come out w them that night. "When are you gonna see two Normands again. This is your chance." It made me depressed.

And then Sunday we ate fish spaghetti with members which tasted good. Then an hour later me and my comp realized we both pretty much had gotten poisoned. It felt like a snake was wrapping around my intestines holy crap. We had a couple lessons anyway that we barely got through and then we went home at 8:30 that night. It was bad. I immediately crashed on the bed and then got up like 5 times to puke. I was scared I was gonna throw up all my insides.

But still dope week and next pday we are going to Villa Leyva - very old Colombian village with dinosaur bones.