Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Week Twenty Six

Week was good.

We drove around with Hermano Severro Pardo and his granddaughter Luciana (Lucianita) in his bumblebee covered Renault. We were looking for our friends Mariluz y Miguel (who I thought fled Santander, but Severro told me he spotted them on another side of Barbosa). The Renault started growling like a dinosaur and then stopped working.

Severro got out, banged some part of the engine, blew on some other part, got back in and back in business. Everyone calls him Severito Lindo. He has a fading cross tattoo on his shoulder.

Luciana is maybe 6 or 7 years old. She told me: "I can do black magic, white magic, red magic-all the colors." I told her you have to study magic for at least 20 years to learn all the colors. She told me, "Well, I know them all."

We found their house but they weren't home.