Monday, April 16, 2018

Week Eighty Three




My Week Report

Hey fam. How are you guys doing?

We had a super busy week.

Started off on Tuesday with a ROADTRIP with President Laney and Sister Laney. We went to Duitama.

On the drive there, we stopped at Price Smart which is legit just Costco.

There are even samples.

We also found this:


We also stopped in PAIPA which is this town known for leatherwork.
Pres. Laney loaded up on leather bags.

Then we got to Duitama. We stayed with the Zoe Leaders for the night. My comp Elder Vieira served in Duitama so we visited this family who loves him:



The dude hugging us is named NELSON and he is insane. His house has so much stuff. That's the only way I can describe it. HE HAS SO MUCH STUFF.

Nelson kept on saying: "The mountains didn't come to Mohammed; Mohammed went to the mountains." #wordofwisdom

Nelson also has a costume shop:



NEXT DAY: We had a good Multi-Zone Conference. We trained the missionaries on going ....the.....extra mile :)

So much fun seeing the missionaries in form in Boyacá. Bogotá Norte has awesome missionaries.

My companion and I finished up the trip by going to Nobsa with some members. Nobsa is known for CALIZA stones which are used to make concrete. A small town made up of farms and smoke towers. We got a RUANA for Pres. Laney and his family.

OTHER STUFF

I had 2 days of splits this week...with Elder Espinoza (from Lima, Peru) and Elder Oliveira (from Sau Paulo, Brazil). So good seeing Oliveira. He was in my district in Suba and we have had some crazy days.

With Espinoza we just worked like dogs in freezing rain for 6 hours straight.

Oliveira and I contacted a lady walking by the temple. She asked us where we were from and I said "Arauca" as a joke (because Arauca is a super dangerous Guerrilla-filled city) and it turns out... her family is from Arauca. I think she took it as a signal. We were talking with her and she was like, "Whoa, I'm feeling something...I never take this way home but I decided to take it today...and I'm trying to find meaning in my life...and you mentioned Arauca!" So pretty sweet that we name dropped Arauca.

Tons and tons of Venezuelans in my area. We have become pretty good friends with Luis and his niece Victoria. Luis has been in Colombia about 2 months. A lot of families go to bed hungry where I work. Super draining...

We had an awesome show up of investigators at STAKE CONFERENCE.

We cabbed to Stake Conf. with Luis and Victoria...and Victoria from Texas showed up as well! She has been off grid for 2 weeks...I thought she wasn't interested anymore. But we were stoked to see her and Pres. Laney came and talked to her as well. Yeah it was a good Stake Conf.

HAD A SWEET PDAY TODAY AS WELL

We went to the Salt Mines of Nemocon way out in the boonies. We took like 6 buses to get there haha.

Nemocon is part of the Sabana section of Cundinamarca, Colombia with tons of fossils and insane geology.

Highlights were:



XILOPALO: fossilized wood.



This 6000 year old flute made out of human bone

Email is too large now so I'll send other pics by message.

Anyways. Miss you guys a ton. Hope everybody is busy doing meaningful projects!

Love Elder Blair

------

Salt Mine photos: