Monday, April 9, 2018

Week Eighty Two

This is my week report:

Had a pretty tiring week!

It went down...

I had four back to back splits. Splits w/ other missionaries take up so much energy, but always are fun.

I was with Elder Sullón (Piura, Peru), Elder Aguilar (Arequipa, Peru), Elder Burbank (Logan, Utah) and Elder Malpartida (Lima, Peru).

All awesome guys.

Lately we have been contacting right outside the temple, and inviting people in. We teach lessons in the lobby and get temple workers to teach with us haha.

On my splits with Elder Sullón, we saw a man walking with a limp, staring at the Temple. We invited him inside so he came. His name is Edwin Toban-- got into a motorcycle accident 4 months ago. It was really cool getting to know him. He seemed interested in what we were saying.

Still giving out band-aids like CRAZY! We gave one to a cab driver who was coughing, to help his throat...

On splits with Elder Burbank, we had tons of sweet contacts.

We stopped one lady walking on the street:

Us: Hey neighbor, we are the missionaries! Do you know us?

Lady: Yeah, I think I talked with you guys a year ago.

Us: Oh sweet! We wanted to ask you if you believe in Jesus.

Lady: No, I only believe in energies. I can interpret anybody's energy while I converse with them.

Us: Sweet! How is our energy??

Lady: It pleases me :)

That contact brought me back to the Bay Area for a sec! Met another lady. We asked what she's looking for in life, and she told us: "A church to attend."Almost peed my pants!

We were also in a park and contacted a dude walking home. We asked if we could walk with him for a bit and he invited us over. So we ended up teaching a lesson with him, his wife, and his mom in-law.

Towards the end of the day, we went way out to the Andes to see if this less active named Robert was home to visit. He was finally home (I had previously tried to visit like four times). He is a sculptor and a painter. He had a huge painting, but it was facing the wall. We asked to see it, and he got really defensive. Just told us "I ONLY PAINT ABSTRACT PAINTINGS, I DON'T PAINT BODIES."  Hmmm...

But we had a good talk with him.


This week, Elder Vieira made Avocado juice. Its super common in Brazil: Milk, sugar, Avocado, Banana if you want. We were all sketched out when he made it but it turned out so good.

Other people we met:

-A Hindu Lady who also came inside the Temple with us.
-Luis and Victoria- A Venezuelan dude and his niece. They came to church with us this week.

Lots of commotion in our ward this week, from all the changes in Ward organization. The Elders Quorum Pres has become the general Elders Quorum Pres. His name is Jaimes Fuentes and he is an insane cop. Super high up, works on the big Narcos of Bogotá. Last p-day, we saw him standing in an alleyway with a trenchcoat. I asked how many weapons he had on him and he just said, "Don't speak too loudly here." LOL

Today we got VIP into the Bogotá soccer stadium.

We told the security guard we had that we had a grandma who was a huge soccer fan and just wanted us to bring her a pic. #finesse




freaky baby faces

Anyways loving life this week. Love the people in my mission. Love the learning experiences everyday.

Missing you guys a ton!

Elder Blair