Monday, April 30, 2018

Week Eighty Five

Elder Blair
30/04/2018
Misión Bogotá Norte

This Is My Week Report


First off:             what is upppp???



Ill start the week report off w this pic of: Problem Solving Mode


Betty and June gearing up for BIRTHDAYS.


This week we wrapped up transfers and President Laney went to Peru so we were the mission babysitters..

That included: picking up the new missionaries and meeting with the trainers.

Some awesome new missionaries came to our mission from Brazil, Argentina, Peru, and Bolivia.

We had a meeting with President Laney to train the trainers. I told the missionaries that during my training we worked super hard and got home exhausted every night so they should shoot for that. Today one of the trainers came up to me and told me they're getting home tired. That was sweet.

After we met with the trainers we walked with all of them 20 blocks to the Nogal Chapel. It was hard walking there because a RIOT was going on in Bogotá blocking the way. The secretaries were walking with all the new missionaries to the chapel and the riot was blocking their path as well so that was way fun.

Elder Vieira left us. His mom thinks he's coming home in May so he surprised her. I'm waiting on a video.

Vieira and Mattos both stayed in our house during their last week. Super trunky hearing them talk about plans.

They both left to the airport to return to Brazil so Elder Dias and I headed to our area to get some work in. We contacted some bodyguards and personal trainers and then got a call from an unknown number: Elder Mattos at the airport.

His suitcases were too heavy and he needed $100USD to get on his flight home so we cabbed. I got $$ out at the mall and we saved Elder Mattos' mission. And then when we were about to pay, a dude came from out of nowhere telling LATAM AIRLINES that missionaries are under an agreement and don't have to pay.

So we did all that for nothing haha.

But we had dinner at the airport in CREPES & WAFFLES, so all good.





We also had the DISTRICT MEETING.

Elder Tracy, my best friend on the mission is my District Leader. We all learned how to protect ourselves from earthquakes. Tracy has been a huge help for me throughout my mission. Always calling. One of the coolest people I know.

Im stoked about this transfer because Elder Dias and I will have way more time to work in the area than normal because there won't be any zone conferences.

I was calling different contacts I had made last transfer w/ Vieira and having 0 luck so we said a prayer to call the name we needed to call. I told Elder Dias to choose a name afterwards because he wouldn't have bias and he chose to call Nereirda. I told him, "Nahh I tried calling her 3 times and no answer...but let's try." And she picked up 1st try and was like, "Please visit me! Is it alright if my husband and kids come too?" Power of prayer.

We have been getting tight with our Bishop — Mario Rojas. Super young dude with craziest son ever. I always tell missionaries they can never call their bishop too much.

We had our meeting with Pres. Laney.

Our meetings go like this:

Sunday night, 7:00pm, Laneys house.

1. Pres greets us and says "Hola Elderes, Como están?"
2. We go inside his office, he turns the lamp on and we sing a hymn in English.
3. We talk about the missions' numbers of the week.
4. We talk about missionaries having trouble.
5. We talk about ANY OTHER TOPIC and it takes another 2 hours.
6. We go eat cookies and milk.

Always look forward to the Sunday night meetings with President. President Laney is so cool. The mission is gearing up for a new President. President Laney told us to be keeping track of areas to close and open.

Elder Dias my new comp is so cool. Super humble and well adjusted. We seem to always be on the same page. He just came ready to work. He is also helping me on Portuguese. I think it helps that I have become super interested in Brazil that I can just ask him questions all day. I always tell Brasileros about Joyce Moreno who is an MPB singer.

We went to eat Brazilian food and in the restaurant was worst music video I've ever seen:  MC Bin Laden - Ta Tranquilo Ta Favorável

Highly don't recommend it haha.

It has always helped me during my mission when I'm mad at my companion to ask him about his life.



I'm super excited for the skype with you guys next week!


Love and miss you guys more than I can say.

Elder Blair