Monday, June 18, 2018

Week Ninety Two

Hey family! Miss you guys.

This week was sweet.

Pie de Cuesta is an all aorund work out.

Elder Stevenson of the 12 visited our mission. The entire mission came which has never happened in my mission before. It was the last time seeing a lot of my best friends here + the last time seeing the Laneys. Pretty big bummer. People who have been the most constant in my life for the past 2 years. Have lots of love for my friends here, who knows the next time we'll see each other.

But it was super cool hearing from Elder Stevenson and his wife. Def got my comp and I excited to get to work.

We are bring Pie de Cuesta back to life. I look back on my early areas and there's a lot I would do differently, but I don't want to have any regrets here. We have been legit running around all over the place. Sometimes I have to run pushing behind my comp Elder Lucaila, haha.

So here are some other things that went down this week:

We saw a gang of these birds eating a dog:


The black vulture type bird is called a "chulo" and they are ALL OVER my area. We call them "satanistas."

We found a dude named Carlos and visited him the nexr day. Pretty much the most draining visit I've had my whole mission. This area is all around physical/emotional/everything workout. Won't share too much details right now. Carlos is in lowest of low. We didn't even share anything with him, we just prayed and then cleaned his entire house. His house was so nasty. I cleaned the roach filled kitchen. Washing 3 month old food off dishes. Lucaila is getting a hardcore intro to mission life!

Other people we are teaching:
Luis Prada: ex-marine who just got his motorcycle stolen
Elisabeth and Juan Carlos: A pizza chef and her son who is a skater
Rosa Prada: she is the girlfriend of this member Jorge and she has a parrot that bites me
Cristancho Family: A less active family who sells juice in Bucaramanga

We are getting tight with our neighbors. The walls of our apartment building are pretty thin, so we spend our personal studies listening to reggaeton and Colombian rap on full blast.

Sunday was cool. We gave talks and I'm the music director.

I'm getting way into juice making skillz. The way you make juice here is: you buy the pulp of the fruit you want and you buy milk or use water + sugar.

Really like training. Elder Lucaila is a really good kid. He is a really fast learner and always asking for feedback.

Lots of ideas for things to do here... but I dont want to be an idea person i want to be a doer.

Really love and miss you guys!

Elder Blair