Monday, June 11, 2018

Week Ninety One

What is up family?

I had an awesome week.

Back in the field again. So good to be back.

I'm training Elder Lucaila (Luke - ay - la ) from Ecuador.


He's the dude sitting by me with his legs crossed. He is from Guayaquil and is DOPE.

His hobby before the mission was downloading anime episodes and re-editing them down to the BEST parts and then adjusting the audio so youtube wouldn't recognize copyright. These last transfers are gonna be SWEET.

Started the week off with the new missionaries meeting at the mission home.

Then Lucaila and I set off for Bucaramanga. We went on a 10 hour bus ride (which was nrough on Lucaila's stomach haha). The bus passed through Bogotá, Tunja, Barbosa, Socorro, San Gil, Cañon Chicamocho, PiedeCuesta, Bucaramanga. Our Zone Leaders picked us up at the bus terminal at 3:30am. They gave me our phone, the house keys, and told me our address was in our phone. We loaded up our bags in a taxi and 30min later arrived at our house in PiedeCuesta.

We took up our bags, I made our beds and we slept.

Next morning, we got up at 6:30 and did exercises and unpacked. I cleaned our bathrooms and we mopped the house. Then for brekky I made arepas and eggs and juice and then BOOM OPEN AREA TIME.

We called our:
Bishop
Mission Leader
Elders Quorum President
Lunch Lady
Pretty much all the #s in our phone.

We have just been running around our area this week. Our Bishop- Bishop Lizcano took us around in his pickup and showed us where the chapel was.

Yeah my area PiedeCuesta is just pure Colombian pueblo. Tons of 14 year olds with rattails whistling and riding motorcycles around with their girlfriends. Hot and dusty and green. Nobody wears clothes.

We have been getting home exhausted everyday. One of my hardest working weeks of the mission. We just learn all the neighbors names in the area and pound fists with all the kids.



TONS of water comes out of my shower. Legit a river comes out of this little spout. And it's freezing cold. But so dope. I take like 3 microshowers (20seconds-2minutes) a day and just jog in place.

Also stoked to be back in Buca becuase I can drink HIPINTO PIÑA again. It's my fav soda in Colombia- pineapple flavored.


We scheduled breakfast with the ward mission leader and he gave us like 20 less active families to visit.

So tons of stuff happening but I also have to remember my kid Elder Lucaila. Such a good dude. Super good at taking feedback and always in a good mood.

We have already had a lot of good talks. Mostly trying to make these last transfers tons of hard work but tons of fun. We watch church dvds at night.

Some words I learned this week:

Garrotero - someone from piedeCuesta
Chaparrita - a short girl

Love you guys!

Elder Blair