Monday, June 25, 2018

Week Ninety Three

How's it going fam??

This week went awesome.

Elder Lucaila and I have been KILLING it down here in PiedeCuesta.

Our ward mission leader Alonso said we were "bringing back the spark."

By the way,  Alonso our mission leader is awesome. He is a baker so we always go buy his bread in the morning. He has like everybody's phone # memorized. He legit can recite off the top of his head almost all the members phone numbers.

We are getting pretty famous in our area. All the neighborhood kids know us and shout "GRINGO GRINGO WHAT YUR NAME??" whenever we pass.

We are teaching a dude name Wilson and his fam. Wilson is our neighbor and lives a block away. He has a motorcycle parking lot and 2 weeks ago he got robbed by 2 thugs. They almost cut his arm off with a machete and sliced his face. He has a pretty gnarly scar now. The crazy part is that this happened at 6:30 PM a block from our house.

Yesterday was Stake Conference and it was so cool seeing all my friends from my old area in Bucaramanga. Found out my convert Julian is Ward Mission Leader now. He gave the closing prayer at Stake Conference. That was crazy. Everybody was so surprised to see me. Most thought I had already finished. Plus, I saw my old Bishop Wolfang Martinez! Saw him and we both started singing "I was made for loving you baby.." So funny.

Yeah so Stake Conf ended and the chapel emptied in 5 seconds because everybody had to watch Colombia play. My area was a FIESTA holy moly. Everybody on the street inviting us to come drink beer with them. People dancing salsa everywhere. Huge stereos blasting Vallenato. And every single person wearing their Colombia jersey.

We saw a dude get scissor kicked in the chest in a neighborhood fight yesterday. All the grandmas watching sighed "dios mio."

It's been raining a ton in our area.

I really like working with Lucaila. I try to stack the days with lessons and charlas because the fastest way to learn is to teach teach teach. I love days that are filled with charlas.

We have been finding good people. I love when we find people who actually read the Book of Mormon. Mostly I like teaching 1st Nephi chapter 4 when Nephi kills Laban. Then we always blow their minds and ask them,"Why didn't God make it easier for Nephi?"

Other things:
We saw a tiny old dude carrying this huge gasoline tank all by himself so we helped out and literally carried that thing 5km with him. I do not know how he does it by himself...

Anyway, things are going good. Today for p-day we went on a massive hike to a waterfall. We got lost but we found a river. On the way we saw wild banana trees, orange trees, passion fruit trees. We dunked our heads in the river.

P.S. Hermana Herrera reads your blog, Mom. The Herrera family are the coolest members.

Love you guys and miss you!

Elder Blair