Friday, June 16, 2017

Email from Mission President

Brother and Sister Blair,

You have a great son!  Sister Laney and I just love him!  He always has a smile that brightens the room and a positive attitude.  I wanted to share part of a weekly letter that he wrote to me on Monday:

One thing my mom would always tell me is "get in problem solving mode". 5 words which I probably took for granted but help a ton now. I realize that there is never nothing to do in the mission field. If the cita is cancelled- contact. No one to contact- Visit a member. No one home- Make calls etc etc etc. One nugget of advice my dad gave me before I left was to learn to love work. I feel like that especially rings true for me. I always feel the best when im working hard.

Well, that explains why he is such a wonderful missionary.  Thank you for sending such a great missionary to Colombia!


Robert Laney
Presidente
Misión Colombia Bogotá Norte