Monday, June 5, 2017

Week Thirty Eight

WEEK REPORT

This week was insane

We were contacting in Villa Hermosa (Pretty Village) which is called the neighborhood of 2 lies because it's not a village and it's not pretty (i.e. last week we saw about 30 cops shut down a bar for sending girls to Venezuela selling "goods"). All the members are scared of going there but it's actually sweet.

Anyway we were walking to check if an investigator Luis was home. He wasn't but two girls called us over. There were tons of kids playing soccer in the street. So we were talking with the two girls and their brother or neighbor. I think they were all family. And some neighbor kid brought out 2 pairs of boxing gloves and I put on 1 and one of the girls put on the other pair and told me, "lets go" and then clocked me IN THE FACE. So I recovered from shock and told her to hit me harder and then she hit me way harder again IN THE FACE. That's how i got punched by a 15 year old girl.

Old Venezuelan woman told me, "I would die for Chavez."

Elder Teijeira and I made Milanessa — it was so good. Its just bread crumbed steak but it changed me. I LOVE COOKING WITH MY INVESTIGATORS and tonight I'm pumped we are gonna play tejo with the Castellanos fam (which is like petanque but w explosions) for a "fhe".

I lost 5 dollars in another fhe playing Parques which is the best boardgame in Colombia. I'm bringing one back. Everyone here is so good I lose every time.

My favorite way to end prayers now is "we love our bread we love our butter but most of all we love each other."

I don't know- this transfer is sweet. My comp is down for anything so I feel like I have way more freedom. We meet up with other elders to make breakfast or do crazy contacts. Elder Teijeira is a sweet comp. He works hard too which is good because it sucks when your comp doesn't want to do anything. We get back exhausted every night.

We also had an activity where we were put with 2 missionaries from the MTC for the day to show them what missionary life is like. Each missionary got 2. I got put with a Peruvian and an Ecuatoriano. It was crazy, they didn't know anything. I told them to invite people on the street to baptism and they almost passed out. But it was a super fun day.

Trying to think of other stuff.

Oh yeah every girl in Colombia decided to wear red lipstick this week so that was really throwing me off.

But WHATEVER HURRAH FOR SYRIA.

ELDER BLAIR

PS — LEGIT LIKE 3 OF OUR KEY INVESTIGATORS DISAPPEARED AND NONE OF THE NEIGHBORS OR ANYBODY KNOWS WHERE THEY ARE