Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Week Forty One

WEEK REPORT

The week was crazy.

We helped with 3 moves this week. At one point we (six missionaries) were all in the back of a truck with blankets.

I met a woman named Gnarly.

Elder Johnstun is a new missionary from Arizona and was telling me he had his prom in Stephanie Meyer's house and she has 4 Ferraris.

Fernei and Luz Dary is a couple we visit. Pretty young. Luz Dary has 6 kids. One lives with adoptive parents in Holland and doesn't speak spanish. Kind of blew my mind and depressed me a little. Can't imagine not being able to speak with my parents in the same language. Her oldest son was 18 when heavy piping fell on his leg. It injured his leg in a way that they had to amputate it and the amputation gave him cancer and he died. That story messed me up. Legit a lot of the time I just want to give investigators money. But super awesome family.

We spent P-day today with them. We all went to Cota which is outside of Bogota and very green and mountainous. We went to an indigenous village and met the leader who everyone calls ABUELO. 100% sure he is a ghost. He said BEFORE YOU INVESTIGATE AN INDIGENOUS VILLAGE, INVESTIGATE YOURSELF. I almost passed out.

We had an open house. I was with Elder Vincent, probably my best friend in the mission right now. We were trying to get people to come in. There was one dude riding his bike. We stopped him and invited him in. He said no, he was on his way to work. I asked if I could call his boss, he gave me her number. I called her, got her permission for him to come late into work and he came in the open house. We also got a taxi in. It was awesome. Elder Vincent also kickflipped some kid's skateboard to get his family in.

Juan got baptized and the missionaries sang that "I like to look for rainbows" song. It was cool because we all sang a verse in different languages. HAD TO REP FRENCH.

This week I thought a lot about Morrisey's wisdom.

Shyness will stop you from doing all the things in life you'd like to.

Even if you're an introvert, you shouldn't be shy.

Elder Blair