Monday, September 4, 2017

Week Fifty One

Dear Family

Hope all is good in Oakland, CA. Everybody here always asks about you guys. There are a lot of Blair family experts in my area because I rave about you guys ALL THE TIME.

This week was good.

Monday we had a good p-day with the district. We were hiking to Mt. Fiore. A dude on the way told us it was closed, so we went off trail and found this awesome waterfall. Elder Gough found these weird pumpkin fruits in this tree and picked some for all of us. I found this thick vine and we all took turns swinging. Cool day.

Tuesday we had companion exchanges. I was with Elder Hansen from Oregon. He's a cool dude. We talked about Ender's Game. His dad once saw Orson Scott Card in a Q&A and asked him if he came up with any character ideas on his mission. Orson Scott Card said, "Yeah--I wasn't a very good missionary. I just stayed in the house and wrote books." He also told me Elon Musk is making a tunnel company?? Please confirm.

Anyways, we had a pretty cool day. We went to ward council. Only 3 people showed up and they all fought about the air conditioners for an hour.

Wednesday we had the district mtg. Elder Karren (my MTC comp) is our district leader. He asked me to train on Baptism Dates so I gave a training on that.

Friday we had more companionship exchanges. I was with Elder Jimenez. He was my zone leader when I was in Barbosa so it was fun being with him for the day. Jimenez is from Guatemala. We went up to these apartments in the mountains called Bella Vista. We knocked tons of doors. Found tons of people. We bought a pineapple and gave it to this old dude. Jimenez's comp is Elder Bardo from Brazil. Bardo is crazy. He can sing just like Shakira. He's just out of control such a funny dude. At night we ordered in Dominoes.

Saturday- lunch with the Brito family. Hermano Brito is from Barranquilla (where Shakira's from). Hermana Brito is from Medellin. Hermano Brito has like 70 yellow birds. He keeps them in all these connected cages with the water and feeder system. I asked if he sold them but its just a hobby. I like their house. Tons of open space with windows always open. Hermano Brito used to have a Toucan. His son August served a mission in Dominican Republic. I found out I knew one of his comps. This dude in our ward in Bogota. Then we had an open house with half the zone. Knight and I were the only ones who really worked. WE found this Canadian dude who came in.

This dude named Fernando in our ward came up to me a couple Sundays ago and asked me for a French Book of Mormon. He has this French cousin who's staying with him for a year. So this Saturday we visited them and the French cousin threw me off hardcore. I hadn't heard French in so long. #lockmyheart

Sunday I just remember a blur of visiting a ton of people.

Today we went and bought Colombian stuff. Elder Knight is checking off his mission bucket list. He's such a funny dude. We always take turns rapping in Spanish. We've been making custom lessons to teach and that's been pretty fun. We made one called PLAN DE LA TRINIDAD.

Yeah the area is cool. Tons of lizards. Super rich people, super poor people and everyone in between.

My area in 2 words can be described as sweaty Gs.

But working hard and enjoying this transfer a lot.

Peace out family

Elder Blair