Monday, September 11, 2017

Week Fifty Two

Week was cool. POPE FRANCIS IS IN COLOMBIA.

We had leadership council this week. We went to Bogota two days before because Pope Francis came on the 6th and all the airports were shut down. The whole country went crazy.

We stayed w the APs, plus Elder Sandquist (Utah) and Elder Hilldebrant (Peru).

Wednesday we had splits with two elders in a Bogota area called Nisa. I was with Elder Soria. We cabbed there. Left the cab and realized we left our phone inside. We sprinted after and the driver saw us. Nothing. We were pretty bummed; called our phone like 20 times.

So we did our splits. Elder Soria and I knocked on this window to contact and we hear a lady's voice say, "WE ARE WATCHING THE HOLY POPE ARRIVE. PLEASE LEAVE." Nisa is a huge area. Walking way far between visits.

We go back to the AP's house after the day. I try calling once more. The second time I call this lady picks up. She got our phone in the cab. She was way far and it was already 10 at night, but we got permission form the APs to cab over and pick up the phone. We found her house. She opened up her window on the 2nd floor and threw our phone down. Elder Knight threw her a Book of Mormon. It was funny. We were stoked.

Next day we finally had leadership council. There was a training by President Laney, by sister missionaries, and the APs. Most of the trainings were about working with ward council and helping them help us in missionary work.

We all went to the temple after. I saw a movie I hadn't seen.

Elder Heninger is a ZL in Bogota who made videos before the mission so it was cool talking with him.

We had to load up these boxes of Book of Mormons; insanely heavy to take back to Bucaramanga for the zone.

At the bus station to go back to our zone, we saw Hermana Mero, a sister missionary who finished her mission in January. She was with her family. It was weird to see her be a normal person.

Friday I had splits w my MTC companion Elder Karren. It was super fun. We just talked about MTC memories. It was fun teaching with him.

Elder Knight and I made another lesson plan about Faith without action.

Sunday we had lunch with Bishop and his Wife. They both love to draw. Bishop has tons of animé faces drawn next to verses he likes in the scriptures. We asked them to teach us how to draw. They put a vase of flowers on the table and we all drew.

I really love my area. I've lucked out with all my areas. Every time I say hi, people say hi back, which is not the case in Bogota. In lessons, people want to put salsa music on in the background. We're teaching one dude, Carlos, who loves the idea of becoming gods. Its always fun teaching him.

Today we went on a hike in the zone. It was way technical. Pretty intense. I touched this poisonous plant and had to pee on my hand to heel it. It was halfway through so the rest of the hike was only with my left hand.

Pretty packed week. Miss you guys everyday. Love you!

KILL THOSE LICE

Elder Blair