Monday, September 18, 2017

Week Fifty Three

Week Report

Hey fam! Missing you guys.

A lot of stuff went down this week.

We had a multi-zone conference with about 50 missionaries.
President Laney gave a training about "how many doors do you have to knock to achieve a baptism?" The point was that it's a ton and it's easier to work through members.

The APs came to stay with us. I worked with Elder Picuasi for the day. He's from Otavalo (near where President Raines served).

We had interviews with President Laney. My companion, Elder Knight, received some bad news of his Grandpa passing. He talked with his family. It was rough. I think this week was insane for him. News out of nowhere just a week before finishing his mission.

We dropped him off at the airport with some of our investigators. We sang God Be With You Till We Meet Again hashtagothersideofheaven. He headed home on Friday to be with his family for the funeral. Thursday was his last day in the field and we passed by lots of the people we teach so he could say his goodbyes. Elder Knight is awesome. It's super weird without him.

So this week I'm with Elder Gough (from New Mexico) and Elder Heredia (from Ecuador). Elder Gough finishes his mission next week. He is from Elder Knight's group. Their area is called LA CUMBRE (the crest). LA CUMBRE is crazy. It's this huge ghetto in the mountains. Super hilly. It's the loudest area I've ever been in. Kids just ripping on motorcycles all day. There are tons of red zones where we can't go. It's how I imagined Colombia to be. Anyways, it's fun to be in for the week.

We drank pony malta with raw eggs.

I got my film developed.

It's been complicated working between our areas. I had to go on divisions Sunday. I was with a recent convert. It was so weird being without a comp.

Elder Knight planning


District mtg in Bogota. 
Elder Arteaga, Elder Teijeira, Hermana Manzaneda, Hermana Ttito

Alex Pareja making arepas. Hes my best friend in Bogota

Elder Powlus and Elder Vincent

Elder Arteaga- maybe my best missionary friend. We were in the same district 10 months.

Teijeira, Santiago, Estevan

Teaching maria fernanda (she's like Olive)


Working hard. Love the people we teach. Love teaching. Things going well. All the gangsters here have rattails and Adidas caprees.

Love you guys!

Elder Blair